70) Kyle Preston | Scattered Silence
69) Tides from Nebula | Safehaven
68) Levi Patel + Suren Unka | 5/8
67) Machinedrum | Human Energy
66) Robin Buyer Sextet | Leave
65) Dead Light | Dead Light
64) The Mercury Program | New Myths
63) Tim Hecker | Love Streams
80) The Eye of Time| Myth I: A Last Dance for the Things We Love
61) Petrels | Jord
Ever wanted to know what drone, bass, and noise smell like? Well, Unsound festival is launching a new project called Ephemera, which will team three musicians — Tim Hecker, Kode9, and Ben Frost — with the Berlin-based avant-garde perfumer Geza Schoen.
The musicians will make original music, and Schoen will create the scents to pair with the compositions. Hecker is composing for Drone, Kode9 for Bass, and Frost for Noise. The completed scents will inspire more music, which will be housed in an installation-style environment with both scents and sounds.
A wearable version of the scents will be released in a collection later this year.
So, Tim Hecker made an hour-long mixtape. You should check it out. Via WQXR.
Tim Hecker’s hit album, Virgins, is being pressed on limited edition clear vinyl (300 copies) by Paper Bag Records. Order it here.